AMSBIO has introduced an expanded range of Adeno-associated virus (AAV) cloning and packaging services.
AAV is a small (20 nm), replication-defective, nonenveloped, non-pathogenic virus which infects humans and some other primate species. Gene therapy vectors using AAV can infect both dividing and quiescent cells and stay in a non-integrative way. Clinical trials show that AAV are safe and stable. For all this reasons, AAV are very desirable as viral vectors.
AMSBIO offers recombinant AAV (rAAV) vectors and AAV Expression Systems that can be used to express small hairpin RNA (shRNA, an artificial RNA molecule that silences targeted genes) or human genes. As AAV do not trigger immune response, they can be uses as in vivo gene deliverers. AMSBIO has also established an AAV packaging service that ranges from the small crude scale to the large purified scale.
- Transfect both dividing and non-dividing cells
- No host-genome integration & stable expression
- Ease to produce at high viral titre (helper free)
- Does not elicit significant immune response in vivo
- Can be used for in vivo gene deliveries